Library Life: November 2014
This episode of Library Life includes:
- Highlights from the Chicago Cuatro Orchestra performance from September 22, a dynamic presentation celebrating the national instrument of Puerto Rico.
- An interview with Feng Shui Practitioner and Educator Juliette Looye, about the October 30 program, Creating a Healthy and Happy Home With Feng Shui.
- A trip outside for Nature Storytime at Melas Park: an event held in conjunction with the Mount Prospect Park District bringing to life the story Who Hops by Katie Davis.
- Youth Services Best Book Recommendation: The Adventures of Arnie the Doughnut, by Laurie Keller. Other Early Chapter Book Series include: Ricky Vargas: The Funniest Kid in the World, by Alan Katz; Heroes in Training, by Jean Holub; The Notebook of Doom, by Troy Cummings; Lulu and the Duck in the Park, by Hilary McKay; and Down Girl and Sit, by Lucy Nolan.
- Adult Services Staff Book Recommendation includes books that have a food connection: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows; The Persian Pickle Club, by Sandra Dallas; The Jane Austin Book Club, by Karen Joy Fowler; The Love Goddess’ Cooking School, by Melissa Senate; and best book pick: The School of Essential Ingredients, by Erica Bauermeister.
- A sneak peak of the December 1 Prospect High School Madrigal Singers Holiday Concert program and interview with Choir Director, Jennifer Troiano.
- Patron Interview: What is your favorite holiday song and why?