Library Card Information
Stolen or Lost Card?
Library cards are free to anyone who resides within the Village limits of Mount Prospect. To obtain a card bring in two pieces of identification, one with your name and another with your name and current address, to the Registration Desk. Youths under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian’s signature before receiving a card.
Forgot your card? The Circulation staff will check out six items to Mount Prospect cardholders only with a current Illinois driver’s license or I.D. card.
Identification for Library Card
- Illinois driver’s license or state I.D. with current Mount Prospect address
- Checks imprinted with current Mount Prospect address
- Illinois voter’s registration
- Current utility bill—within the last two months
- Lease or mortgage papers
- Apartment or condominium I.D. The property must be within the village limits of Mount Prospect and have the complex name on the I.D
- Vehicle sticker renewal form—printed with a current Mount Prospect address. This form cannot be handwritten
- Payroll check with a current date
- Homeowner’s insurance papers with a current date
- Illinois driver’s permit—must be issued by the Secretary of State, not handwritten
Library cards may be purchased by individuals or families living in an area that is not taxed for public library service by Mount Prospect. The nonresident fee for the Mount Prospect Public Library is $420 for one year. This amount is determined by a calculation of the amount of library taxes paid by residents divided by the number of households in Mount Prospect. Non-residents must purchase their card at the public library that is within their high schoool district. Beginning July 1, 2002, Mount Prospect nonresident and busincess library cards can be used at libraries which participarte in the nonresident reciprocal borrowing proram. If you have questions, please contact the Registration Desk at 847/253-5675.
To learn more about borrowing check out the Circulation Policy.