For items released in the last year
Not in MPPL’s catalog? Try Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Interlibrary Loan service allows patrons to request an item that is not owned by MPPL and have it delivered directly to the Main Library or the South Branch. This service is available to MPPL cardholders in good standing. If your card was issued from another library, please contact your home library for assistance.
Review the full Interlibrary Loan Policy before placing your request. By placing a request you acknowledge that you have read and agree with the conditions of this Policy.
Request an interlibrary loan online or call the Library at 847-253-5675 and ask for the Information Services Desk.
Want to pick it up yourself at a nearby library?
Find links to individual library catalogs here.
- How many items may each cardholder request? more info »
Each cardholder may have up to 5 interlibrary loan requests in process at a time.
- How long does it take to get an item? more info »
It depends on the location of the lending library and the availability of the item. Please allow up to three weeks.
- How long is the lending period for interlibrary loan? more info »
The length of loan in determined by the lending Library and cannot be changed by MPPL staff.
- Can interlibrary loan items be renewed? more info »
Yes, items may be renewed but renewal is at the discretion of the lending library. Please contact the library 48 hours prior to the due date for interlibrary loan renewal.
- Are there any fees? more info »
- The Library does not charge any fees to use interlibrary loan services except in the following circumstances:
- If you request an item and it is delivered to the Library, but you do not pick it up, you will be charged $1.00.
- Overdue fees for interlibrary loan items are $1.00 per day, regardless of format.
- Some items may incur additional shipping costs, usually $2.00 – $10.00, for which the requester is responsible
- Occasionally fees are charged by the lending library for use of the item or for copyright fees on articles. The requester is responsible for these charges. Requesters will be informed of these fees prior to receipt of the item.
- MPPL staff make every effort to secure an item without any charge to the requester.
If you have any questions, please contact the Library at 847-253-5675 and ask for Interlibrary Loan or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.