Click here to read the MPPL Internet Service policy.
Available on the E-Nets:
- Internet access
- Internet Explorer
- Library subscription databases
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Paint
- Adobe Reader
- Floppy drives
- CD-ROM drives
- USB ports for flash drives
- The Library provides more than 50 e-Net computers for the public and 11 express (Internet only). Computers are available for adults, teens, and kids.
- In Youth there are 6 iPads in the Family Place and 6 in the Discovery Zone.
- Several catalog-only computers are scattered throughout the Library for convenient searching of our collection.
- Special research computers include one legal/government research, two business research, and two genealogy research computers.
- We also provide a Large Text/Screenreader computer, loaded with the Zoom Text program.
To learn more about our Computer Equipment Policy & Guidelines for the Public click here.
Printing and Copies:
- Printers and printing costs:
- Black/white printer: $.10/page
- Color printer: $.25/page
- Duplex/two-sided black/white: $ .15/page
- Duplex/two-sided color: $ .37/page
- NOTE: To print, you must use a copy card.
- Copiers and copy costs:
- Vend Card & Cash: $.10 for black/white, $.25 for color, $.15 for duplex/two-sided black/white, $.37 for duplex/two-sided color
- Copy and printer card vending machines are located on the first and second floor. You can purchase a Print Value Card for $1, which costs 50 cents and comes loaded with 50 cents to use for prints/copies. Machines accept $1, $5, $10, and $20 dollar bills. You may add money to existing copy cards.
Public Fax Machine
- This machine is for SENDING faxes only. Faxes cannot be received at the Library.
- The fee for domestic fax is $1.75 for the first page, and $1 for each additional page. For international fax, the fee is $3.95 for the first page and $3.45 for each additional page. Fees are set by the vendor providing the fax service, not the Library.
- Only credit cards and debit cards (Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover, and Faxcash) may be used to pay for faxing. Cash payments are not available with this service.
- A receipt indicating that a fax has been sent will be generated by the fax machine.
- For any additional information, please ask at the Information Desk.
Scan to USB or Email
- Need an electronic copy (PDF or JPG) of a document or photo to send to someone by email or copy to your personal computer? Want to email a PDF of a document directly to yourself or someone else? No problem. All of the Library’s copiers now offer the option to scan to a USB flash drive or send a scan by email. And this service is offered free of charge.
- To scan a document and save it on a USB, bring your own flash drive or purchase one at the Circulation Desk ($10 for 4GB).
- To email a document that you have scanned, you just need to know the email address.
- Instructions are posted on the copiers or you can ask for help from any of our staff.
- Typewriters: one
- Microfiche/Microfilm Readers with Printers: one
- The Friends of Library sells flash drives, and headphones at the Circulation Desk.
- If you bring in your own equipment, the library provides outlets, desks, and WiFi (public wireless internet).