Affordability Care Act Information Guide
Tax information/Penalties: Penalties for not having insurance will increase this year.
For more information go to Fees for not having health insurance.
The Patient Protection and Affordability Care Act
Public Law 111-148, 906 pp.
November 1, 2015 Open enrollment begins (must enroll by Dec 15 for Jan 1 start date).
January 31, 2015 Open enrollment closes.
Official Government Resources
Marketplace Help Center: 800-318-2596
Illinois Help Line: 866-311-1119
Marketplace Application Checklist
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage (e.g. from pay stubs or W-2 forms)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
- A completed Employer Coverage Tool for every job-based plan you or someone in your household is eligible for. (You’ll need to fill out this form even for coverage you’re eligible for but don’t enroll in.)
- Medications you are taking/Preferred doctors/Preferred hospitals
Find Local Help for zip code 60056 From Heathcare.gov.
Hanul Family Alliance
1166 S. Elmhurst Rd.
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
Hours: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
ACCESS at Northwest Community Hospital
675 W. Central Rd. Suite 101
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Hours: M-F 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.; 1st and 3rd Saturdays 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Languages: English, Spanish
Alexian Brothers Medical Center
800 Biesterfield Rd.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Hours: M-F 8:30 – 5 (phone calls); Tues. and Thurs. 8:30 – 5 (appts.)
Languages: English only