Find
10 South Emerson, Mount Prospect, IL 60056 | 847/253-5675
Font:

What Do You Think About The New Site?

What do you think of our new website? We want to know!

By Carol on June 7, 2012 Categories: Library News

7 Responses

1. coachgramps says:

Can’t get into HeritageQuest anymore. After I enter my Library card number it gets stuck in a loop asking me to re-enter the number.

• Carol says:

When using your MyMPPL account, remember to type in both your barcode and PIN number. After our database verifies your information, you will be able to use HeritageQuest or any other database. In fact, this is one of the great features of the new MyMPPL accounts — you can access online resources without having to re-enter your library barcode or PIN again. And, as always, if you have questions, you can call the library at 847/253-5675 for help.

2. nan42141 says:

I also much prefer the old “hold” section in which not only the name of the book is listed, but also the author.
    I might remember that I wanted to read all the James Patterson books, but don’t always remember the name of the new books.

• Carol says:

You can still use the old interface if you prefer. Just click on “My Account” in the catalog. We didn’t take away any of what you could do on the old site — the goal of the redesign was to add new functionality.

3. Barb says:

The renewal area for materials doesn’t show if the item has already been renewed once before or not -miss that feature. Also, the dashboard, has three columns and only one of them is used (far left) with words spilling into the 2nd column — not visually pleasing.

• Carol says:

Thanks for your comments. You can actually set how many columns you want to display. In the upper right hand corner of your dashboard, click on “Screen Options” to open up a menu that will allow you to customize your dashboard. And remember that you can always return to the classic interface if you prefer. Just click on “My Account” in the catalog.

4. bogotom says:

Great new look. Change is good, improvement is better!