- President – Pat Klawitter
- Vice President – Elizabeth Hicks
- Treasurer – Judy Roraff
- Secretary – Laura Luteri
- Sue Wolf – at-large
- Melanie Miller – at-large
- Staff liaisons: Marilyn Genther and Frank Corry
Archive for January, 2012
The Friends has two book trolleys that are stocked with used books available for purchase throughout the year. The upstairs book trolley is located to your right, next to the elevator, as you come up the stairs to the second floor. It contains adult, teen and children’s books. The first floor trolley is located in the Children’s area in front of the information desk. Both trolleys contain gently used individually priced books. Payment is made to the cash box on the trolley. Pick up a good book to read or give as a gift!
As a member of the Friends you will receive:
- Quarterly newsletter
- Admission to Preview Nights before public book sales and to Members Only events
- Discounts on Friends programs
The best part of belonging to the Friends of the Mount Prospect Public Library is meeting and working with people who share common interests. Membership in the Friends brings you a good feeling that comes from helping our Library and enjoying it!
For further information please call 847/253-5675.
The Friends accepts donations of used books, videos, CDs, DVDs etc. We currently are not accepting magazines. Donations are accepted throughout the year. Small donations (one bag full) may be dropped off at the Registration or Circulation desks at the Library. Larger donations should be taken to the lower level of the parking garage. Please call ahead at 847/253-5675 ext. 3799, and we will arrange for someone to meet you to help unload your donation.
The Library accepts monetary donations. For more information on donating to the Library, contact the Administration Department at 847/253-5675.
Donations of used books, audio books, CDs, and DVDs, and videos are accepted by the Friends. We currently are not accepting magazines. Items not added to the collection will be sold at a Friends of the Library Book Sale. One week prior to the book sale, volunteers stop shelving donations and begin to prepare for the upcoming sale. Donations are still accepted leading up to and during the book sale but will then be stored for the next event.
Items currently in demand:
- children’s books
- engineering books
- automotive repair books
- mathematic books
- any of the “dummies” books
- computer books relating to Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Audio books, CD or cassette (just about any subject)
Items we regretfully cannot accept:
- encyclopedias more than ten years old
- chewed up, damaged or wet books
- any tax books – the rules change so often that people won’t use even recent items
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books more than ten years old
- National Geographic magazines more than ten years old
- hardcover books: $1
- paperback books: 50¢
- records: 50¢
- audio cassettes: 50¢
- magazines: 25¢
- children’s hardcover books: $1
- children’s paperback books: 50¢
Better books are individually priced. The Friends holds a 25 cents sale twice a year.