Month: January 2012
The Friends has two book sale carts stocked with used books available for purchase throughout the year. The upstairs book sale cart is located next to the elevator. It contains adult, teen and children’s books. The first floor book sale cart is located in the Children’s area in front of the information desk. Both contain gently used individually priced books. Payment is made to the cash box on the cart. Pick up a good book for yourself or to give as a gift!
Please become a member of the Friends of the Mount Prospect Public Library. As a member of the Friends you will receive:
- Quarterly Newsletter provides you with information about any key collections to be focused at an upcoming sale, highlights on our volunteers, financial updates on our prior sales or just fun information shared. See links at the bottom of the page for recent copies.
- Admission to our Friday Night Preview Nights before public book sales and to Members Only events.
The best part of belonging to the Friends of the Mount Prospect Public Library is meeting and working with people who share common interests. Membership in the Friends brings you a good feeling that comes from helping our Library and enjoying it.
For further information please call 847/253-5675.
We love, love, love, and need your donations of books, audio books, CDs, DVDs, and vinyl records. Please keep your donations coming; the income they generate in our book sales make up 90% of our total annual income.
Your donations are accepted any time; small donations (one bag full) may be dropped off at the Registration or Circulation desks at the Library. Larger donations should be taken to the lower level of the parking garage and placed outside the Friends’ doors next to the elevator. If you need help with a large donation, please call ahead at 847/253-5675, and we will arrange for someone to meet you in the lower level to help unload your donation.
Your donated books will either be added to the Library’s collection, or sold during a Friends of the Library Book Sale:
- Our Book Sales have 3 rooms:
- Better Book Room: each book is individually priced
- Friends Room: prices range from 25¢ to $2
- 25¢ Room: everything is priced at 25¢
Items currently in demand:
- Children’s books
- Military and History books
- Automotive repair books
- Mathematics books
- Any of the “dummies” books
- Sheet Music
- Computer books relating to Microsoft Office suite of programs (2007 and newer)
- Audio books on CD (just about any subject)
Items we regretfully cannot accept:
- Chewed up, damaged or wet books
- Tax books (the rules change so often that people won’t use even recent items)
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- VHS Tapes
- Cassette Tapes