Warm Chocolate Ambrosia
- 1 C Butter, unsalted
- 1 C Chocolate, bittersweet
- 1 3/4 C Powder sugar, sifted
- 4 Egg yolks
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 C Cake flour, sifted
- 8 4oz aluminum cups or tins, buttered and sugared
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a large bowl and melt over a double boiler.
Place chocolate in mixer with whisk attachment, keep warm.
Combine yolks and eggs in a bowl, warm them to touch over double boiler. Remove from heat. Slowly add powdered sugar to the mixer with the chocolate on low speed. Add warm egg mixture and finally add the cake flour. Mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Pour into sugared molds 3/4 full. Place in oven for 8-10 minutes or just until set. Remove from oven.
Assemble. Unmold in the center of the plate. Garnish with fresh fruit and caramel sauce. Sprinkle with powder sugar. Serve.
Bittersweet Chocolate & Caramel Essence
- 1 k Sugar
- 750 g Cream
- 750 g Bittersweet chocolate
- Caramelize sugar.
Pour cream over caramelized sugar and whisk together until boiling.
Remove cream mixture from heat and pour over chocolate. Whisk until smooth and strain. Cool down the essence before serving.