Bittersweet Chocolate Macaroons with Raspberry Preserves
Yield: 6 – 8
- 2 C Almond Flour
- 3 C Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1/4 C Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 2-3 drops Red Food Color
- 1/4 C Sugar, granulated
- 2/3 C Egg Whites, room temperature
- 1 C Raspberry or Strawberry Preserves
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Prepare macaroons. Combine almond flour and icing sugar. Place whites and sugar in mixer and whip to soft peaks, then add a few drops of red food coloring, whip just until stiff peaks.
- Add almond mixture, then gently fold together until combined. Place in piping bag, then pipe 4″ circles onto baking paper. After at least 12 circles are piped, allow to set for 5-10 minutes to form a “skin”. Place in oven for 8-10 minutes or until cooked. Remove and allow to cool quickly.
- Take one circle, add preserves and top with another circle to make a “sandwich”. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.