Training materials (in pdf format) from online resources classes can be viewed and/or printed. Please ask at the Reference Desk for further assistance.
- Ancestry Library Edition
- How to search and retrieve data from Ancestry Library Edition.
- Building Job Skills to Be More Marketable
- Invest in yourself—take active steps to improve your computer skills, polish your résumé, and develop your personal and professional interests.
- The Definitive Resource – LexisNexis
- How to retrieve news, legal and company information from this very rich source.
- Exclusive to You: Basic Researching With Library Web Resources
- Exploring Internet Sites for Genealogists
- Tips for searching several free genealogy-related websites including: Cyndi’s List, Family Search and Illinois State Archives.
- Generating Leads for Your Business or Job Search
- How to use ReferenceUSA, LexisNexis and Public Records.com to search for potential.
- Introduction to Research Methods
- General overview to gathering articles, tapping into research databases, and citing sources appropriately.
- Online Health Information
- An introduction to free and subscription databases, including Salem Health, Medline Plus and Mayoclinic.com, which offer reliable health information.
- Online Job Searching Essentials
- Create online job search accounts, upload your résumé to online job applications, and search for job types, location, and salary range.
- Opening and Expanding a Business in Mt Prospect
- Guidelines for procedures, zoning, and permits for opening or expanding a business are presented by Mount Prospect village staff.
- Preparing for the Job Interview: Know the Company
- How to use subscription databases including LexisNexis, ReferenceUSA, BusinessSource Complete, and MasterFile Premier to search for company information.
- Property Tax Appeal Process
- Information on the Property Tax Appeal Process including sources.
- Research your Portfolio
- How to use Morningstar Investment Research Center and Standard and Poor’s NetAdvantage to search for investment information.
- Resources for History Buffs
- Web Resources for Newshounds
- Learn how to find out about historical and current news events in our the news subscription databases LexisNexis, Chicago Tribune and Daily Herald.
Technology Training @ MPPL
Training materials from select Computer Training classes can be viewed and/or printed. For more information and addition training see Computer Training Schedule
- Keeping Your Computer Healthy and Safe
- What are the “best practices” you should follow to keep your computer safe and secure from potential internet threats? John Lorens from Lorens Tech Solutions will review basic steps to help protect your computer from viruses and ransom ware while maintaining it in top working condition with upgrades, safe
- Other helpful handouts
Adobe Flash Player
Defrag Your Hard Drive
- How to Stream Movies and More
- Today you have many choices beyond cable and compact discs for movies and music. Learn about streaming devices and services, including how they work, what you can find to watch or listen to, and which one might be best for you.
- Looking Into Windows 10
- Microsoft’s latest operating system, Windows 10, is a giant leap forward for those who want to use Windows on tablets and phones as well as computers. But it looks very different from the previous version of Windows you may be using. Here are some tips and resources to help use the features in Windows 10.
- Getting More from Your Gmail
- You may have signed up for Gmail because it was free, but it’s even more of a good deal now. Find out about Gmail’s many features and settings, including message formatting, inserting photos and attachments, searching, contacts, favorites, and more.