Celery Bites with Roasted Red Pepper Cream
Cool crunchy celery is the perfect carrier for delicious, dairy-free roasted red pepper topping.
- 4 ounces extra-firm silken tofu, such as Mori Nu brand
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper (water packed), drained and chopped
- 1 cup cooked no-salt-added white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ribs celery, cut into 24 2-inch pieces
- 6 pimiento-stuffed green olives, each cut into 4 slices
Purée tofu, green onions, red pepper, beans and mustard in a food processor until smooth; cover and chill for one hour. Spoon red pepper cream onto each piece of celery, garnish with a slice of olive and serve. You can make the red pepper cream a day or two in advance; stir well and assemble just before serving.
Per serving: 15 calories (5 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 2g total carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 0g sugar), 1g protein
Created by Whole Foods