About the Website
Site Features and Accessibility
- Designed to latest standards (XHTML & CSS)
- Created using the WordPress platform
- Aims to comply with the Federal Section 508 accessibility standards for websites
- The website is designed to work well with a variety of browsers, including: IE 7 and up, Firefox 3 and up, Opera, Safari, and Chrome. If you have problems accessing or reading the site, please contact the Library.
- Features a text resizer on the top right of every page to enhance reading the site
- The website features your “my mppl” account, which allows you to sign in once and have your library card and pin remembered on your account.
RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is a convenient way to keep up with new content on the website. Instead of having to click through the various sections of mppl.org to see what’s new, you can have that information sent to your computer! An item in an RSS feed usually contains a headline, a link, and a summary of the story.
RSS feeds are available on all MPPL blogs.
A list of RSS readers is available at RSS Compendium.
Once you’ve selected an RSS reader you’re ready to go! To subscribe to our feeds, right click on any of the RSS links, select “copy shortcut,” or “copy link location” and paste the URL into your newsreader.
Webmaster of the Mount Prospect Public Library