The Mount Prospect Public Library is a mid-size, independent public library, located in the Village of Mount Prospect, Illinois, located about 20 miles northwest of Chicago. Currently more than 61,000 patrons are registered cardholders. The collection has approximately 497,000 items on file, with an annual circulation figure of more than 1 million.
- Library Loan Periods and Fines
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Library Life TV Show
Library Life is an award-winning, monthly cable television program about the Mount Prospect Public Library, produced in cooperation with the Village of Mount Prospect. Host Cathy Cushing provides an in-depth look into the events and happenings at the Library. Each 30 minute episode includes book reviews, compelling interviews, upcoming events, monthly program highlights , and Library trivia. Click Here to watch the current episode of Library Life.
Mount Prospect Public Library
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: noon to 5 p.m.
The Mount Prospect Public Library exists to:
- Connect people to information, resources and opportunities for enrichment and leisure
- Provide and sustain a book culture through literary knowledge and interactive experiences
- Promote and support education and lifelong learning
- Build community
The Library's newsletter, Preview, is published every other month and includes information about the Library and its programs. Click Here to read the current newsletter or previous issues.
If you would like timely information about upcoming Library programs and events sent directly to your e-mail inbox, please Click Here to sign up for this new service.